Wordsworth defined poetry as strong emotion recollected in tranquility. I feel much the same about blogging, except that here it is nearly a month since last we spoke, and I don’t have a blessed thing to say to you. Not, mind you, because things aren’t happening. It’s just that there’s been very little tranquility in which to process them.
That’s not a complaint. I remain busier and happier than ever, but I will need more time to make sense of it all. I seem to be in a sort of liminal library space, where things happen, but are difficult to explain. Bullet points might cheapen that, but for the sake of not losing touch with you entirely, let’s try, shall we?
- Vacation. I took one. It was great. I never did quite catch up afterwards, though. Price of library success…
- NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month, for the uninitiated, otherwise known as “LAV disappears in November.” This year, I wrote an urban Amish paranormal fantasy romance. No, you may not read it.
- In the Library With the Lead Pipe. I’ve been asked to join as a guest author/editor. I’m thrilled beyond belief; however, I’m also stumped as to what to write about first. Until I get my act together, please check out what my sterling teammates have to say.
- Future Perfect Task Force. A new responsibility about which I will speak more later!
- Branching Out. I’m currently in the middle of a fun job-shadowing adventure that I intend to write more about at length. It’s very different from the work I normally do, and it’s definitely helping me become a better librarian.
- Facebooking. I’m now part of the library’s social media team, and as such I help maintain good patron relations by ineracting with our library users on Facebook. It’s an advocacy week around here, so as you can imagine I’ve had lots of photos and such to post. If you haven’t friended us yet on Facebook, consider this your engraved invitation.
- Winter RAT. Another surprise I intend to write about at length. You’ll just have to die of suspense until I reveal what that acronym stands for. Just thank the powers that be that I am not in charge of naming things around here, as my twisted sense of humor might be the death of us all…
- 2011 Reading Plan. I know, I know, how could I possibly read more than I do? But I’m starting to feel like I need a plan. Despite getting the best education I could afford, I’ve discovered there are still huge holes in it. Ergo, I’m having people I respect and admire compile lists of things I should read, and I’m plundering the Zs for all those lovely books about what to read next.
And, of course, none of the usual shenanigans have ceased. I’m a busy library bee, and a happy one. How are you?